Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Reading Notes: Week 2 Anthology


This origin story was unique because it involved a man who believed the grass was always greener on the other side. This man was never happy with what he had or his position in life, he went from blacksmith, to a stone, to a stone cutter, to the sun, then the moon. After he cried out that he no longer wanted to be the moon the wise man left him to stay as the moon and that's where he remains to this day.

I enjoyed this story because one I'd never heard it before and two it shows how an ungrateful heart will always leave you unhappy. I try to be thankful for everything in my life, the good, the bad, and the the ugly. Even the hardships of life are great for they help me grow and mold me into the man I want to become.

Bib:
This story comes from Laos in Southeast Asia. Story source: Laos Folk-Lore by Katherine Neville Fleeson (1899).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 12 Reading A: Beowulf

King Hygelac and Queen Hygd of Geatsland The Geats were warriors. Caves were inhabited by monsters and beasts found in the forests. Hygd was...