Thursday, March 4, 2021

Week 6: Storybook Lab

 I found a blog with some really great background info and short stories on Poseidon and some others here. I also learned that Triton and Proteus have the gift of prophecy which I think I'll use in the first story. Proteus does not like to tell the truth of a prophecy unless captured. Possibly half a prophecy revealed to triton the other half to Proteus and Persius has to capture him to get the rest out. I also learned more on Nereus that he is like Posidons father in law because he is Amphrite's father. 

I learned some on Phorcys as well who might give an intriguing part of my storybook being the parents of the largest sea creatures and having dominion over them. 


This part of theoi has great content on Oceanus:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 12 Reading A: Beowulf

King Hygelac and Queen Hygd of Geatsland The Geats were warriors. Caves were inhabited by monsters and beasts found in the forests. Hygd was...