Saturday, February 13, 2021

Topic Research

 So I changed up my topic a tad and decided I wanted to do a more research-based storybook that ties together all the inner workings of Greek mythology as it pertains to the sea; greek gods of the sea, demigods, lesser gods, creatures, monsters, and all the tangled relationships/interconnections that they're involved in. I'd like to make sense of it all for myself and others to give it structure and then add some drama with greek stories. I'd love to finish it with an epic battle where everyone has chosen sides including all the lesser creatures and gods and demigods. I think it would be really fun, kind of like the movie Aquaman. I want to bring in multiple generations of gods and what not and have a central conflict that is integral to all of them (that part I might have to make up myself). I want like a Titanmachy but of the sea but not for a power grab more of a civil war between the old and new. I'd like to do a story on Oceanus but I am confused as to which titans are locked away and which are not due to the Titanaomachy that took place. I might have to start with the Titanomachy and work my way down to tell the full story of divinity as it pertains to the seas! I could use some help structuring this and maybe some links, I've been doing research for a few hours now and it's a lot to make sense of.



Sea gods Genealogy

Sea gods and goddess'

Lesser Greek gods of the Sea

Titans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 12 Reading A: Beowulf

King Hygelac and Queen Hygd of Geatsland The Geats were warriors. Caves were inhabited by monsters and beasts found in the forests. Hygd was...